Implant-Supported Dentures at Green Dental Health & Aesthetics
Your mouth is more than just a set of teeth; it’s a complex system of integrated parts, including muscles, joints, soft tissue, and teeth. When it comes to missing teeth, there’s nothing worse than a set of improperly fitting dentures. Implant-supported dentures are the closest restoration to your natural teeth. When it comes to replacing teeth, implant-supported dentures are anchored below the gum line to help build the bite, optimize muscle function, and restore the smile’s aesthetics. At Green Dental Health & Aesthetics in Nashville, Tennessee, we don’t just replace teeth; we utilize dentures that replace the entire tooth function concerning the mouth system.
Why it is Important to Replace Missing Teeth
Whether or not you opt for functional dentures, we want to take a moment to discuss the importance of replacing missing teeth.
- Speech – Missing teeth can impact how you speak, affecting you professionally and personally.
- Bite Changes – With gaps in the smile, there can be a redistribution of bite pressure on the teeth, causing the remaining teeth to shift out of place.
- Gum Disease – When this shift occurs, it can alter the alignment of the bite and increase the risk of plaque accumulation in hard-to-reach places and the risk of gum disease and additional tooth loss.
- Bone loss – The tooth and root are a placeholder in the jawbone, stimulating it to keep it intact. The bone will begin to deteriorate when that tooth and root are gone.
How Implant Supported Dentures Work
Implant-supported dentures are a type of overdenture secured by four or six titanium implants strategically placed in the jawbone. The implants stimulate the jawbone, similar to a natural tooth root, strengthening it and preventing bone density loss.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures:
- Better fit and appearance – Implant-supported dentures look and feel like natural teeth
- More comfortable to wear – Traditional dentures often feel like foreign objects that never quite fit right. Biting often seems like a difficult task. Implant-supported dentures will be the right size for your mouth, so they are comfortable.
- Appearance – Visible gaps in the smile are a significant source of embarrassment for individuals with missing teeth. Excellent aesthetics can be achieved with this procedure.
At Green Dental Health & Aesthetics, we focus on improving smiles with implant-supported dentures. If you are in the Nashville, Tennessee, area and would like to learn more about implant-supported dentures, please call us at (615) 209-9321.